Friday, January 14, 2011

Promises

Warning-Very Long- I'm sorry! But it will be worth reading- I promise!

I have told some of you in person that God has made this GARGANTUAN  promise to me on Wednesday night. Well now I'm announcing it! Announcing it for 2 reasons: 1. Because I am so super excited that I can't keep it to myself. 2. Because I need it for faith building of not only myself but for you all too. I  know that if I tell the whole world about it I'll be less likely to get discouraged and hey, it may help a bunch of you in your circumstances. So Win-Win!

I was reading my devotional- "From Faith to Faith" by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland (here's their website: www.kcm.org) and it was (and I'm summarizing and using my own words- and yes I do use a lot of parentheses) talking about basically stepping out in faith, allowing God to be our sole provider, not look to this world for satisfaction/hope/trust, and to take that leap of faith and believe that God will be there to catch you and help you fly. First off, I bet that's what any one of us would love to hear any day of the week! It really does put you on cloud 9. But for me, that day, it might as well have sent me to Heaven in a rocket ship!

Here's some history:

I have been praying, and praying, and praying, and my husband has been praying, and praying, and my family and friends have been praying, and praying, and we've all been praying for a very long time (about a year give or take) that God would allow me to be a stay at home mom and housewife. Sounds crazy to some of you, but that has seriously-no joke- been my lifelong dream since I was 4. I have never wanted to be anything else deep down. There have been other things that I dreamed of and that I do want, but none of those things have been rooted in my heart since childhood and have refused to be withered like this particular dream. I have a sneaky suspicion that someone Upstairs had a hand in not allowing that dream to go away.

Unfortunately I have had to put that dream on hold. When I had my baby girl, I went on maternity leave, pleaded desperately with God not to make me go back to work at my J.O.B., but ended up going back after only 10 weeks of being home with her (which about 8 weeks of which involved me either being super busy or still healing up from giving birth). I have since been at my job back full time now for about 10 months. Those whole 10 months I spent praying God would let me quit. Well maybe more like 5 months... the other 5 months consisted of me screaming, yelling, arguing, complaining, bawling, and tantrum-throwing about how I couldn't be at home... Yeah that's more accurate. I tended to act more like my Terrible-Two's-starting daughter... my bad...

I digress...

So I was reading this devotional and it was just flat out amazing like I said. Well I wasn't paying attention to the day that you're supposed to read it on. I'm really kind of OCD so if I skip a day or a week and it ends up not being in order- it makes me utterly crazy and I have to go back and read it so it's all in order. It was on a day from last week which I had skipped so I was making up for it. Once I was done reading I prayed and thanked God for this amazing insight. Then- here comes the good part- I looked at the date on the top left corner. Ready for this? It was MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Well that was a HUGE confirmation that God will allow me to quit my job! If I just trust in God to take care of all our other needs (bills, insurance, childcare, etc.) and not tie myself so tightly to this world then my dream really will come true. I don't know exactly when, but I know it will be soon and it will be so amazing! God NEVER EVER breaks His promises- and He made me a humdinger of  a promise!

And if that wasn't enough of an amazing realization... I go into work today and while my coworker and I are getting ready to leave she says (paraphrased), "You know Sarah, I was telling someone the other day that you probably won't be here much longer. I'm going to miss you so much, but I just have this gut feeling that you'll be home with your baby here soon."

First off, I stared at her in disbelief. Does she have nanny cams in my house? Did she read the same devotional I did? Did she talk to my husband? How in the WORLD can she possibly know this???

Next, I told her all about my eye-opening experience I had had on Wednesday night. Then she looks at me and says (again paraphrased), "That was the same day that I had that gut feeling and was telling someone that I didn't think you'd be there that much longer."

HOLY MACARONI AND CHEESE!!!! The same day??? Talk about a confirmation!

Oh my gosh God! You work in so many crazy, weird, mysterious, but so stinking awesome ways! I just can't comprehend how these flood gates are opening up. I can see the water starting to pour out from the heavenlies- and I cannot wait to feel the water falling on my head like a sweet rain and then turning into a mighty holy flood! Praise You!

No comments:

Post a Comment