Friday, April 8, 2011

Almost Done

We are very near the finish line with our D.I.Y. project. I took some pictures, but you know me, I won't post them for a good month or so. Just trust me on this that it looks 1000 times better than before. And that's still with carpet padding still being used to protect the new floor, boxes holding our canned goods/spices/cleaners, piles of trash that need to go out, and an ever growing stack of dirty dishes.

Talia is finally getting to move around a little bit more without being confined to her room or the downstairs family room. I have no idea how she would last on a road trip or, worse, a plane trip... It would probably consist of a lot of screaming and shrieking. I would probably spend the time praying for sanity and telling her "no" and "be quiet." Wonder if they make baby Benodryl... That could make a possible vacation, well, possible!

I remember telling myself a 2 weeks ago that I was bored and needed something to do. I am so exhausted now between all the random fixing-upping we did that I won't even look at any home improvement stuff for at least a good 6 months. I am far from bored- ready to keel over is more like it. I think my husband has keeled over a few times by now. I think he's liking his job more right now so he can escape the insanity here. Between working on the house and making it back to normal and taking care of Talia I am beat- and I can't imagine how my husband feels. He's working full time and working on the house full time. I'll be glad when this is all over and I go back to just maintaining the house with basic stuff like laundry and dishes and diapers.

Remember how I said I have an ever growing stack of dirty dishes? Why, Sarah, why don't you put them in the dishwasher and make yourself a little less crazy? Oh I would.... but we don't have a dishwasher anymore. I can just hear the gasps, see the eye brows raising, and the shock coming from all of you. We took out our dishwasher to realize that we had a ton of mold growing underneath it because of the wonderful rednecks who installed it. It was constantly leaking and whenever you would open it during a cycle it would smell like seaweed. Yep, seaweed. So we opted to take it out and replace it with cabinets. If you've ever seen our kitchen you know we have been in desperate need of cabinet space. So the extra drawer and cupboard won to the modern convenience of a dishwasher. I'll let you know how the whole washing by hand constantly thing goes...

On a side note 653 days left! Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment