Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Bit of Life in Pictures

Talia's 2nd Birthday!

Explaining "how it is" to her sheep.

The girl loves books.

Helping Mommy wash her toys. The water was brown when we were finished. EW!

Naptime on the stairs.

Papa and Nana's kitties. Rosie (top), Baxter (bottom), and Bax (in Talia's hand).

Family with the real Baxter.

Anniversary weekend. So pretty!

Getting stuck in massive snow drifts on top of a mountain in a blizzard is EXACTLY how I wanted to spend our anniversary. :)

That's how deep the snow was- all the way up to the middle of my thighs. And yes, I sure did fall in!

Only my husband would be outside in a blizzard at the top of a mountain in a short sleeved shirt.

Husband getting sticks and stones to get us unstuck. (This ended up being my job after I stopped playing photographer.)

Apparently it's necessary to have handicapped parking at 12000 feet.

Here's the handicapped parking "lot." It was the road. Literally. There wasn't even a pull off area. Is it just me, or does that not seem so ADA compliant?

You can't read the sign, but it says "Don't block the driveway." The sign was sticking out of a 4 foot high snow drift that was indeed blocking the driveway.

Ahhh Mt. Princeton. So stinking pretty!!







A couple things, no I don't let my daughter take naps on the stairs... :) And yes we did get unstuck after hauling a bazillion rocks from up the hill and putting them under the tires. My husband had to push the truck while I drove and I felt pretty dang accomplished after that! Little old me, driving a 4Runner in reverse for 1/3 of a mile in huge snow drifts- I felt the girl-power! Not to self- next time we go 4-wheeling in February, make sure we have a shovel or two in the truck. Even though getting stuck up in the mountains where there's no one around for help was slightly unnerving, it ended up being a really funny experience, especially when I fell in the snow and couldn't get out... At least we had cell service had things gotten worse! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment